Every day we meet hands that have been injured or disabled by life… ROSTAING makes tailor-made products to help people with disabilities to be able to carry out their professional activity or practice their passion.
In line with a more responsible and sustainable development logic, CSR is a fully integrated strategic axis for us.
With this in mind, we have created a CSR scale to rate and improve the design of our products.
Before ROSTAING gloves reach the hands of our customers, they go through a huge number of stages in their design and production.
Choosing the best materials for protective gloves is a real challenge for designers.
Between the standards and requirements to be respected and the very large choice of materials, it is a question of finding the most effective compositions to protect your hands.
At Rostaing, we are committed to working hand in hand with users to design all our ranges and thus choose the most appropriate materials.
So what materials are used in the design of the gloves? Why do we attach so much importance to this? And finally, what are our core competencies as designers?
What materials are used to produce protective gloves?
Today, we present the materials most commonly used in the design of our protective gloves.
Textiles generally provide comfort, resistance (e.g. to cut) and some thermal insulation to protective gloves. There are textiles made of synthetic fibres:
- Polyamide: soft, comfortable, strong, abrasion resistant.
- Polyester: flexible, hydrophobic, less resistant.
- HPPE: high resistance to abrasion and cut.
- Inox: metal fibre, anti-cut.
- Acrylic: soft touch, light, insulating, very hygienic.
- Elastane: high elasticity.
- Polypropylene: good thermal insulation against cold, softness, good mechanical resistance.
- Aramide : meta and para aramide: excellent heat resistance. Para-aramid is also cut resistant.
And also composed of natural fibres:
- Cotton: good thermal insulation, softness, comfort, absorbs moisture.
- Wool: good thermal insulation, softness, elasticity, slows the spread of fire.
- Silk: light, flexible, good insulating properties.
- Bamboo: soft and pleasant touch, low thermal resistance.
Leathers are highly appreciated for their resistance and durability:
- Cow split leather: velvety appearance, excellent grip and very good abrasion and puncture resistance.
- Cowhide grain leather: noble part of the leather, smooth, flexible and elastic.
- Goat grain leather: more resistant to abrasion than cow grain leather.
At Rostaing, we obviously use leather since we are originally tanners.
We also favour high performance and labelled materials such as para-aramid, silicone, bamboo fibre, polypropylene, polyurethane, cotton, etc.
These materials provide additional protection and resistance and are particularly suitable for protection against chemical risks:
- Polyurethane : flexible, resistant, breathable.
- Nitrile : abrasion resistant, suitable for oily environments.
- Latex : waterproof, flexible and comfortable.
- Silicone : heat resistant up to 500 °C, non-stick.
- Chloroprene : absorbs vibrations.
- PVC : waterproof.
What risks do you run with poor protection?
Poor hand protection (unsuitable gloves or lack of gloves) exposes you to several significant risks.
Intermediate risks: cuts, burns, abrasion.
Our category II gloves are adapted to these risks, which are linked to prolonged exposure to certain hazards and can have long-lasting consequences on health.
Potentially fatal risks.
Our category III gloves protect you from these deadly or incapacitating risks.
Indeed, these PPE are designed to prevent irreversible damage to health. They are generally intended for firefighters, foundries, employees in the chemical industry, etc.
We remind you that hands are work tools in their own right and are therefore particularly exposed to accidents at work (1 every 22 seconds in France).
Our priority: favour the right material(s) for the right risk.
For example, cow split leather will be more suitable for anti-puncture gloves thanks to their resistance and thickness, whereas polyethylene will be chosen for cut protection.
What are our skills as designers?
Our job as technical designers is to design gloves adapted to the uses and risks associated with them.
The idea is to find the best combination of materials to give maximum protection to our users. All this, of course, without compromising dexterity and comfort
Thanks to RETEX (Feedback), our teams are able to design products corresponding to the needs of our specialist users.
After validating the needs collected in the field and selecting the most relevant technologies to protect against risk, we validate our compositions thanks to tests carried out for each design.
In addition, our gloves may be made of a single material. Our reference EPS25A (leather only) is a perfect example of this.
Nevertheless, most of our technical gloves are made from several materials. With 9 different materials, our reference ATTACK6PEOM-BSC
is the firefighter’s glove par excellence. The ROSTAING leather gloves dedicated to the fire brigade have made the success of our brand. Their unequalled suppleness gives the wearer optimum comfort for his action.
Would you like to know more about our technical product ranges?
Consult our brand new 2021 catalogue and discover all our ranges.
Highlight on the safety rules to be respected on a building site and Rostaing’s wide range of products.
Customer experience is more then ever at the centre of our concerns.
In-store, the layout and display of products is a constant challenge for department managers.
Indeed, it is a question of anticipating needs and behaviour of the customer throughout the purchasing process.
How to get his attention? What is the best place for a particular product category? Do they have access to all the information they need to shop with peace of mind?
Faced with a vast and technical offer, the customer does not always know how to find his way around. Here are all our tips for creating winning layouts in your shop!
On staples line effects for a striking visual effect
At ROSTAING we offer 6 conceptual ranges of gloves for self-service (DIY) retailers.
Each of these 6 ranges highlights a wide variety of uses in order to meet the needs of customers, from the most common to the most specific.
In order to present these ranges, we offer colourful and harmonious POS displays, designed to make your shelf more attractive and visible to customers:
- GARDEN range: This is our most contemporary range, with kraft and nature aesthetics in line with current trends.
- ZAMIS range : This children’s range is eye-catching thanks to an eye-catching and tangy designpeps.
- 4IN1 range: It allows you to offer gloves with many uses for your undecided customers.
- TOUCH range : The Touch concept is ideal for small areas that want to save space, as it mixes the needs of gardening and DIY.
- BATIPRO range: The entire BATIPRO range is gathered here and proposed for the most common to the most specific needs for professionals in the building and public works sector for example.
- PRONATUR range: This range intended for landscape and agricultural trades is aimed at both private individuals and professionals.
An integrated shelving service
Because shelf displays is quite an art, we come to you to help you arrange our products.
Our experts are trained to optimise your shop space and implement your selection.
If necessary, they will also be able to provide you with all the information and advice you need to attract your customers and boost your sales. If you need it, they can even simulate your location from A to Z using our Rostaing planogram tool.
The goal? Visualise your future location and save time on your shelf layout.
Attractive cross-selling thanks to our practical and educational POS/IOP solutions
In order to dress the gondolas in your shop, our IOPs are available as kits made up of the following elements:
- Promotional pediments ;
- Shelf-stops ;
- 17 segmentation labels ;
- Kakemonos with magnetic stem guiding the customer to choose his pair.
All these elements are delivered together to enable you to create visually attractive and consistent layouts.
For your thematic or cross-disciplinary sales, we offer durable and eco-designed wooden displays that are easy to assemble, without nails or screws. Practical to integrate, these displays are mounted on wheels with a storage box.
You can be sure that the offered natural materials, which are very trendy and warm, will blend in perfectly with the decoration of your shop.
Other temporaries displays can be added:
- 32 racks totem: for your thematic sales.
- Offer tray: to highlight promotions on our models.
- Counter box: to highlight a favourite product at the checkout.
With our POS, POS displays and other commercial supports, the success of your layout and presentation is guaranteed!
Would you like to use our new sales supports in your shop?
Contact our team to benefit from our offer and professional advice to help you set up your business.
2021means changes for Rostaing. A new strategy, the reorganisation of teams, a completely redesigned catalogue and new models.
At Rostaing, we manufacture quality, durable gloves that are adapted to the activities and work of each individual. We guarantee their longevity by meeting the most stringent technical requirements in the design of our PPE.
ROSTAING has been a signatory of the UN Global Compact since June 2014.
The company has pledged to respect the fundamental principles of the United Nations Global Compact. This represents an opportunity for ROSTAING to once again promote its CSR commitments (Corporate Social Responsibility) and showcase its long-term values.
Improve your security & protect your health.
On April 21, 2018 the new PPE Regulation 2016/425 came into effect. What are the repercussions for my PPE ?
Important changes but don’t worry !
ROSTAING: TALENT IN HAND
ROSTAING is a pioneer, innovator, designer and manufacturer of ultra-high performance gloves. We have the longest experience, the greatest culture and most in-depth knowledge of the human and technical challenges faced by our customers and users.
ROSTAING is the benchmark for 48,000 business sites
(industry, construction and public works, fire-fighters, emergency services, army, police, security) and 1 out of 3 French people uses our gloves for DIY and gardening.
TRADES AND ACTIVITIES
Examples from catalogues
- How to secure, improve or streamline security checks? Discover our innovative technology SCANFORCE12 July 2021 - 17 h 01 min
- The integration of a CSR scale in the design of ROSTAING gloves8 April 2021 - 13 h 48 min
- What are the manufacturing stages of a pair of ROSTAING gloves?24 March 2021 - 15 h 18 min
- CRYO range: an optimum protection against cryogenic cold10 March 2021 - 13 h 44 min
17 Avenue Charles de Gaulle,
T. : + 33 4 74 46 07 10
Formulaire contact >>